- All users must be fully trained in appropriate safety procedures required by the Technion.
- Working with gloves in the microscopy unit is prohibited.
- Entrance of live pathogens to the microscopy unit is prohibited.
- Entrance of any other live cells: bacteria, viruses, mammalian cells – must be reported to the LSE microscopy staff by advance order and stated in the order form.
- When finishing working on the microscope, user must clean the area around the microscope with disinfectant wipes and clean the microscope with ethanol, according to the written procedure.
- In case of any exceptional event, users must contact the LSE microscopy staff immediately: Nitsan Dahan or Tamar Gattegno Tel: 04-8295131.
Flow Cytometry Unit:
- In the Flow Cytometry Unit we typically work with live cells and matter.
- Work in the Flow Cytometry Unit is conducted according to the rules for working in a biological lab.
- Lab coat and gloves must be used, as well as closed shoes.
- Flow Cytometry waste must be handled with care.
- In case of any exceptional event, users must contact the LSE Flow staff immediately: Efrat Barak or Shay Kirzner, Tel: 04-8293676.
- The Lasers at the LS&E Infrastructure Center are classified as Class 3B or Class 4 (MP).
- Normal operation of the microscopes / flow cytometer does not require any protection.
- When lasers are checked by technicians, users are not allowed to be in the room.
- In any case of a laser incident, please report it immediately to the LSE team and laser safety officer at the Technion.