Rules and Regulations:
- New users must download and fill-out the registration form, and obtain the signature of their lab supervisor before being permitted to work in the center.
- The equipment in the Center is available to all researchers from the Technion as well as to external users.
- Researchers who wish to work in the Center must register through this site and wait for approval of their registration (by automatic email). Users must be trained initially by the Center’s staff, prior to working independently.
- Final approval is subject to the decision of the Head of the Unit.
- After-hours access to the Unit is available only to authorized
- Users must login through their own account details: user-name and password. User’s accounts are personal and may not be transferred to other lab members.
- Software installation is prohibited.
- At the end of the working sessions, each user must contact the following registered user to verify that indeed the next user intends to use the system. If there are no users registered, the current user must follow the procedures to shut down the system.
- If there is another user coming, the user should log out from your user account.
Data and Backup
- The LS&E Center is not responsible for the user’s DATA (images and files). Each user is responsible for his or her data.
- Data will be periodically deleted followed a general notice to all users.
- Data transfer is allowed only through the maincomp1 system.
- Insertion of USB devices is prohibited from all computers.
Users are responsible for archiving their data. The LS&E Center does not backup images or other data. Archived data is periodically deleted. Be sure to back up your data.
- All users will be charged for working hours on systems at the LSE Center, according to published Billing will be conducted according to actual time spent working, based on the KIOSK system.
- Each user is responsible for logging into and logging out of the KIOSK system, at the beginning and end of each session respectively.
- Failure to do so will result in charging the full time reservation plus a fine of half an hour.
- Only valid budget numbers (Mosad budget) will be accepted by the KIOSK system.
Working with Biohazardous Materials:
- Users must notify the staff of viable cells or biohazards before they are brought into the Unit.
- Glass items must be placed in biohazard boxes dedicated for glass; tissues must be placed in bins.
- Biohazards and other toxic waste must be properly disposed.
- Users are responsible for archiving their data. The Center does not make backups of images or other data. Archived data is periodically deleted. Be sure to back up your data.
- Acknowledgment of the use of the LS&E Infrastructure Center in publications is appreciated.