- New users must download and fill-in the registration form, and obtain the signature of their lab supervisor before being permitted to work in the center.
- Users should fill-in the experiment form, for every new experiment that will perform with the LSE equipment.
- • The equipment in the center is available to all researchers from the Technion as well as to external users.
- Researchers who wish to work in the Center user must register through this site and wait for approval of their registration (by automatic email).
- Final approval is subject to the decision of the head of the unit.
- Users must log in through their own account details: user-name and password. User’s accounts are personal and may not be transferred to other lab members.
- Software installation is prohibited.
- At the end of the working session, each user must contact the following registered user to verify that indeed the next user intends to use the system. If there are no users registered, the current user must follow the procedures to shut down the system.
- If there is another user coming, the user should log out from his user account.
- After-hours access to the center is available only to authorized users by LS&E staff.
- Common working hours at the LS&E Infrastructure center are from 8:00-16:00 (subject to holidays, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.).
- Any user that needs to work in the center, outside working hours, should request specific permission from the LS&E staff and sign additional safety procedures and requirements form.
- Any user who works not during working hours should have a “shadow” person. This “shadow” person should be informed of the user entering the center and leaving the center.
- The “shadow” person can only be one of the user’s lab-group members who is a user of the LS&E infrastructure center and is familiar with the LS&E working policy and the center’s safety instructions.
- When entering the unit when there is no staff, It is the user’s responsibility to write his name on the board at the entrance of the unit, and delete it when going out.
Data, Backup and Archiving:
- The LS&E Center is notresponsible for the user’s DATA (images and files). Each user is responsible for his or her data.
- Data will be periodically deleted after a general notice to all users through the internet-site mailing list.
- At the Flow Cytometry Unit – Data will be deleted from the instruments’ computers on a daily basis, without notification.
- Data transfer is allowed only through the MainServer/MainComp system.
- The insertion of USB devices is prohibited from all computers.
- Users are responsible for archiving their data. The LS&E Center does not backup images or other data. Archived data is periodically deleted. Be sure to back up your data.
- All users will be charged for working hours according to published Fees billing will be conducted according to actual time spent working, based on the KIOSK system.
- Each user is responsible for log-in and log-out of the KIOSK system, at the beginning and end of each session, respectively.
- Failure to do so will result in charging the full-time reservation plus a fine of half an hour.
- Only valid budget numbers (Mosad budget) will be accepted by the KIOSK system.
Working with Live-Cells / Tissues and Biohazardous Materials:
- Users must notify the staff of viable cells or biohazards beforethey are brought into the Unit.
- Working with live human cells and/or live/frozen human tissues (not fixed) requires a permit in advance by the LS&E staff according to and in coordinate with the regulations of the Technion Safty Unit.
- Glass items must be placed in biohazard boxes dedicated to glass; tissues must be placed in bins.
- Biohazards waste must be properly disposed of.
- Any toxic material should be disposed of in the user’s lab.
- Acknowledgment of the use of the LS&E Infrastructure Center in publications is appreciated.
- All users must be fully trained in appropriate safety procedures required by the Technion.
- Working with gloves in the microscopy unit is prohibited.
- The entrance of live pathogens to the microscopy unit is prohibited.
- The entrance of any other live cells: bacteria, viruses, mammalian cells – must be reported to the LS&E microscopy staff in advance and stated in the order form.
- When finishing working on the microscope, the user must clean the area around the microscope with disinfectant wipes and clean the microscope with ethanol, according to the written procedure.
- In case of any exceptional event, users must contact the LS&E microscopy staff immediately:
Nitsan Dahan or Yael Lupu-Haber Tel: 077-887-1385/6, as well as Technion Security @2222
Flow Cytometry Unit:
- In the Flow Cytometry Unit, we typically work with live cells and matter.
• The entrance of live pathogens to the Flow Cytometry unit is prohibited.
• Work in the Flow Cytometry Unit is conducted according to the rules for working in a biological lab.
• Lab coat and gloves must be used, as well as closed shoes.
• Flow Cytometry waste must be handled with care, and placed in dedicated containers.
• In case of any exceptional event, users must contact the LS&E Flow staff immediately: Efrat Barak, Tel: 04-8293676 as well as Technion Security @2222
- The Lasers at the LS&E Infrastructure Center are classified as Class 3B or Class 4 (MP).
- The normal operation of the microscopes/flow cytometers does not require any protection.
- When lasers are checked by technicians, users are not allowed in the room.
- In any case of a laser incident, please report immediately to the LS&E team and laser safety officer at the Technion @2222.
- Working in the Real-Time PCR Room is conducted according to the rules for working in a biological lab.
- Lab coat and gloves must be used, as well as closed shoes.
- Waste must be handled with care and placed in dedicated containers.
- The entrance of live pathogens to the RT-PCR Room is prohibited
- In case of any exceptional event, users must contact the LS&E RT-PCR staff immediately: Nitsan Fourier, Tel: 077-887-1387 as well as Technion Security @2222