- Microscopy & imaging
- Cell Observer – Zeiss Inverted for Live Imaging
- GE InCell Analyzer 2000
- Leica DMI8 Inverted Fluorescent Microscope
- Light Sheet Florescent Microscope
- LSM 510 – Upright confocal with meta detector and mp laser
- LSM 700 – Inverted confocal
- LSM 710 – Inverted confocal
- Olympus Fluorescent Binocular Microscope
- Image analysis & processing
- Flow Cytometry
- Real Time qPCR
- Technion Genome Center
BD LSR-II Analyzer
The BD LSR-II is a flow cytometer equipped with 4 lasers. The cytometer allows detection of 12 parameters simultaneously (10 colors plus forward scatter and side scatter).
The LSR-II offers high acquisition speeds, full inter- and intra-laser compensation matrix, and multiple thresholding on all lasers. Digital pulse sampling allows the measurement of Height, Area and Width from all parameters simultaneously.
- Optical System: Patented BD OctagonTM and TrigonTM technology. A quartz cuvette is coupled to the emission lens by refractive index-matching optical gel for optimum collection efficiency.
- laser excitation and filters (see LSR-II configuration in the related links):
|Detector||Emission Filter (nm)||Example of available markers|
488 nm / Blue
|A||780 / 60 (Infra-Red)||PE-Cy7|
|B||695 / 40 (Red-FarRed)||
PE-Cy5, PerCP, PerCP-Cy5-5,
|C||575 / 26 (Orange-Red)||PE, PI, PKH26|
|D||530 / 30 (Green)||
Alexa Four 488, FITC, GFP,
CFSE, Sytox Green, YFP,
BOBIPY, Oregon Green,
|E (SSC)||488 / 10||SSC|
633 nm / Red
JDS Uniphase Helium
|A||780 / 60 (Infra Red)||APC-Cy7, APC-H7|
|B||660 / 20 (Red)||APC, Alexa Flour 647|
405 nm / Violet
|A||525 / 50 (Green)||AmCyan, Cascade Yellow|
|B||450 / 50 (Blue)||
Alexa Flour 405, Pacific Blue,
355 nm / UV
Lightwave solid state
|A||530 / 30 (Green)||Indo 1 (Blue, Calcium Flux)|
|450 / 50 (Blue)||DAPI , Hoechst, Indo 1 (Violet)|
ndividual filters and PMTs, allowing for 11 color analysis simultaneously (see configuration for more details)
High Throughput System (HTS) – enables analysis directly from 96 multi-well plate
The workstation is managed by FACS-Diva 6.1 software.
Specifications and performance
Acquisition Rate: >20000 events per second
Fluorescence Sensitivity: Detection limit is <200 molecules of equivalent soluble fluorochrome (MESF).
Fluorescence Resolution: Coefficient of variation (CV) of FL-Area is <3%, determined by full G0/G1 peak for propidium iodide (PI)-stained chicken erythrocyte nuclei (CEN Quality Control Kit).
Fluorescence Linearity: Doublet/singlet ratio for CENs stained with PI or Hoechst is 1.95-2.05, detected with 488nm or UV laser.
Forward and Side Scatter Sensitivity: Sensitivity enables the separation of fixed platelets from noise.
- Digital electronics with 10 MHz sampling frequency
- 18-bit data acquisition for area signals
- Inter- and intra-beam compensation on-line and post-acquisition off-line
- Height, Width, and Area measurement available for all parameters
- Time parameter available for kinetic studies (Calcium)
- Ratio measurements between any two parameters from any laser
- BD FACSDiVaTM Software Version 6.1
- All data are saved linearly
- Complex hierarchical gating for multicolor applications
- Automatic compensation of all parameters after acquisition
- Complete set of statistics for all analysis
Analysis of cells, yeast, bacteria and beads
- Multi-color analysis
- HTS system
- Calcium Flux
- DNA analysis